Gentlemen:

What's the difference between the various releases of Open Office -

        OOo_2.0.3.1_win32intel  94,525 k
        OOo_2.3.0               121,688 k
        OOo_2.3.1               122,942 k

Confusing -- I have downloaded and installed all three programs over the past year or so --

The "help" file now reads, "2.3.1"
The  icon on desktop brings up "2.3.1"

Where did 2.0.3 go? As I didn't uninstall it? Just installed the new Open Office figuring that I'd have two installations?? What happened? This version, 2.0.3, worked nicely without the error boxes popping up all the time --

Sorry to bother you about such confusion -- the program seems to work okay, however error message boxes are popping up all the time, "close" "ignore" and hitting enter several times generally brought up the next screen -- sometimes the error box popped up two or three times before repeated hitting of enter brought up the next screen -- this happens when opening a file, printing an opened file --

Is there any fix for this bug? As it causes a lot of wasted time --

Thanks for your kind assistance -

John Williams

                                *  *  *  *

John D. Williams