On Tue, 20 May 2008 19:48:46 -0400
"Twayne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Twayne,

>   IMO it's pretty much a waste of time and ether to be bothering with
> PGP or any such cert-based methods in a newsgroup.  And the few

This isn't usenet, nor is this a newsgroup.  It's a mailing list.
Gmane (whose services I see you're using) may present is as an ng, but
that's not the case.

Using an electronic signature, a la PGP, does serve a purpose in that
it allows an element of traceability, meaning it's possible to determine
the origin of an email.  Of course, what value any one person places on
technologies such as PGP is up to them.

--
 Regards  _

Early morning when I wake up, I look like Kiss but without the make up
Strong - Robbie Williams