Twayne wrote:

No, not a fact.  There is nothing going on enroute.    OE and others
like it, due to the PGP improper signature use, presents the posts as
blank posts with a file attachment.  OE CAN be tweaked to not do
that, but then you give up some security, which I do not choose to
do, and those less experienced should not try to mess with it.
Of the 6 companies I have worked for in the last 20 years, I know that
that five of them did not allow OE to be used for any purpose within
the company because of it’s renowned security problem. I don’t know
about the sixth company as I worked for it pre-web.

Irrelevant

Can you explain why? Did the DP people who set up those rules know less than you do?

Why are you using OE if you are so concerned about security? That
seems to me to be a very ignorant thing to do.

Because it IS secure, is flexible and can run rings around any other mail client; I've tried about all of them at one time or another because I wanted to know what the hoopla was about and ended up back with OE every time. I can honestly say that OE has never, not once allowed anything malicious to happen, but then again I took the time to learn it as I do all my packages.

Can you point to any website that indicates others feel like you do. I’d like to read some material from the other side. That Firefox is continually gaining tends to suggest that your feelings in this matter, however honest, are not in line with the general trend. (That doesn't mean that you are wrong of course.)

Since the issue
at hand affects well over 90% of the people on the 'net, that in turn
says it's going to look that way to a great many users here.  Just
simple statement of fact; if people choose to ignore or not research
it to find out for themselves, that's fine.  It's not near as big a
deal as people are making of it; some folks will just bypass the
posts and if that's acceptable ...
You are the first person who has mentioned it and the one who seems
most bothered about it.

That para shows that your reading comprehension is lacking and/or you only wish to argue, probably with a closed mind. Besides other places, you need to re-read the para you actually quoted and try to understand the words.

First, where did you find your statistics that over 90% of the people on the net use OE? Since the Windows family does not quite reach 90% according to http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp , by their statistics it is impossible that OE is used by over 90% of the people on the net, especially as many Windows people use other mail clients, such a Microsoft Outlook (non-express), Thunderbird or other clients.

According to the same site, 34% use Firefox (http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp) and I rather suspect some of them, at least, also don’t use OE.

Either your statistic or these statistics must be wrong. And your statistic of “over 90%” must come from somewhere? Hopefully you didn’t just make it up.

If you complain about other people’s research you should be able to back up your own research, if you did any.

I trust that this indicates that I did research your statement and did not find out for myself that your claim was valid. Please do supply your source (without slanders about reading comprehension please).

Jim Allan