DEAN AND GAIL TEMPLE wrote:
OK, so I have downloaded Oo.o 2.4 onto my C drive into a separate folder and now want to use it for the first time. I have registered thru the Sun site, have a user name and a password. No acct number- don't know if I need that.
So what do I do next to get into this program for the first time?  Don't see
any xxx.exe file to open, etc.

Thanks, Dean
You now have to install it. Assuming you're running Windows, just double click on the downloaded file to start the installation process. After that has completed, you should have an OpenOffice folder and icons in your start menu. Use the icons to start the various OpenOffice components.

BTW, the latest version is 2.4.1.