On February 18, 2020 12:18:24 AM GMT+02:00, adrianquint...@gmail.com wrote:
>HI Strahil,
>I am also running into an issue trying to replace a brick.
>
>1.-/dev/sdd failed which is our /gluster_bricks/data2/data2 brick, hat
>disk was taken out of the array controller and added a new one.
>
>2.-there are quite a bit of entries related to /dev/sdd , i.e.
>
>[root@host1]# dmsetup info  |grep sdd
>Name:              gluster_vg_sdd-gluster_thinpool_gluster_vg_sdd-tpool
>Name:              gluster_vg_sdd-gluster_thinpool_gluster_vg_sdd_tdata
>Name:              gluster_vg_sdd-gluster_thinpool_gluster_vg_sdd_tmeta
>Name:              gluster_vg_sdd-gluster_thinpool_gluster_vg_sdd
>Name:              gluster_vg_sdd-gluster_lv_data2
>
>this causes the OS to see the new disk as /dev/sde (the controller
>presents it as /dev/sde)
>
>array C
>
>      Logical Drive: 3
>         Size: 2.7 TB
>         Disk Name: /dev/sde
>         Mount Points: None
>         Drive Type: Data
>         LD Acceleration Method: Controller Cache
>
>If i just remove all the thinpool entries (if i find them) do you think
>that might do the trick?
>
>thanks,
>
>Adrian

Hi Adrian,

I don't understand yoiur layout.
Can you clarify the following:
/dev/sdd was a PV
/dev/sdd was not the only PV in the VG
A thin LV was created from the VG
The Thin LV was used as a gluster brick.

I don't get why you want the new disk to become /dev/sdd again, as it won't
have the necesary LVM metadata.

Gluster works with miunt points . You can mount whatever you wish at
/gluster_bricks/data2 and it will try to use that. As the brick doesn't exist
any more - you will have to use 'reset-brick' or 'replace-brick' commands.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov