On February 25, 2020 5:14:24 PM GMT+02:00, adrianquint...@gmail.com wrote:
>Strahil,
>Something that just came to my attention is that we have a second
>cluster with VDO enabled, is there something out there that can explain
>the process to accomplish a disk replacement with VDO?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Adrian

Hi Adrian,

I'm also using VDO and thus my bricks are mounted via a '.mount' unit.
From Gluster perspective - it just requires a  directory with enough space.
If the brick name is the same (same  host) you have 2 options 'reset-brick' &
'replace-brick'.
So in your case you need:
1. VDO starts first
2. LVM scans the VDO and activates the VG using the VDO as PV
3. Systemd '.mount' unit mounts  the brick
Note: Define in the mount unit requirements for the VDO service (or if you have
a custom VDO service for this VDO device  only)
4. You replace the brick in order to restore  the volume

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov