Pursuant to the documentation found here:

http://www.sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGo%20Installation%20Guide.pdf

Pg. 6 [PDF 8]

Assumptions

SOGo reuses many components in an infrastructure. Thus, it requires the following :

❏ Database server (MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle)
❏ LDAP server (OpenLDAP, Novell eDirectory, Microsoft Active Directory and others)
❏ SMTP server (Postfix, Sendmail and others)
❏ IMAP server (Courier, Cyrus IMAP Server, Dovecot and others)

In this guide, we assume that all those components are running on the same server (i.e.,
“localhost” or “127.0.0.1”) that SOGo will be installed on.

Documentation "assumes" the various components are all running on the same server.

Pg. 50 [PDF 52]

Mozilla Thunderbird and Lightning

Alternatively, you can access SOGo with a GroupDAV and a CalDAV client. A typical well- integrated setup is to use Mozilla Thunderbird and Mozilla Lightning along with Inverse's SOGo Connector plug in to synchronize your address books and the Inverse's SOGo Integrator plug in to provide a complete integration of the features of SOGo into Thunderbird and Lightning. Refer to the documentation of Thunderbird to configure an initial IMAP account pointing to your
SOGo server and using the user name and password mentioned above.

With the SOGo Integrator plug in, your calendars and address books will be automatically discovered when you login in Thunderbird. This plug in can also propagate specific extensions and default user settings among your site. However, be aware that in order to use the SOGo Intergrator plug in, you will need to repackage it with specific modifications.

Obviously, IF your SOGo server is not hosting the IMAP account, it must be pointed elsewhere.

And, just as obviously, the SOGo Intergrator will discover the calendars and address books.