On Apr 16, 2014, at 1:21 PM, Charles Marcus <cmar...@media-brokers.com> wrote:
> On 4/16/2014 6:01 AM, Adam Tkáč <von...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm not licensing expert but I think it's OK to use Redemption with open
>> source licensed projects.
>
> You had said you were planning on eliminating the need for these eventually,
> but not 'soon'...
>
> Any idea how long it might take? I mean, are you thinking months? Or years?

Replacing Redemption would be a major effort. AFAIK Redemption is essentially a
reimplementation of the model layer of Outlook on top of plain MAPI. I have a
hard time to believe this could be done in a few months (and there is a reason
why Redemption is popular ;-).
(coding Redemption is actually quite similar to making OpenChange work right,
just that the work is done on the client side).

hh