> On 4/16/2014 6:01 AM, Adam Tkáč <von...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm not licensing expert but I think it's OK to use Redemption with open
>> source licensed projects.
>>

> Thanks (again) Adam... :)
>
> One last question on these libraries...
>
> You had said you were planning on eliminating the need for these
> eventually, but not 'soon'...
>
> Any idea how long it might take? I mean, are you thinking months? Or years?

As Helge said in other post, it might be non-trivial but I don't think it
will take years. I think it will take some months because I don't work on
GetOut all time.

If I understand code correctly, GetOut uses only very small portion of
Redemption and internal data model is same as MS simple MAPI. So I think it
shouldn't be so hard to get rid of Redemption. I'm not going to reimplement
whole MAPI, I'm going to just wrap functions needed by GetOut which were
"protected" by MS Outlook security patch.

 You can check project page (https://sourceforge.net/projects/getout) and
>> download prebuilt binary there. I already installed it for some users
>> (~10) and everything works fine so you can test it as well ;)
>>

> Thanks Adam, I absolutely will...
>
> Sorry, but I do have a few more questions (I've mentioned this to a few of
> our users who have been most vocal about using Outlook, and they are
> chomping at the bit to test this, but I don't want to go down this road
> without knowing as much as possible what to expect)...

I understand, no problem.

> Is there any documentation at all? Ie, how to use it?

I planned to use documentation for Funambol from SOGo but now I realized
that all references to Funambol were removed from install guide. I will
take docs about Funambol server installation from SOGo git and put it to
project page, it should be enough.

GetOut setup is straightforward and is same as old Funambol Outlook
connector. However I will improve documentation during next weeks.

> Also any documentation regarding  *known* issues? Ie, things that you know
> aren't working or known bugs, etc?
>
> Couldn't find anything on the sourceforge site...

Only one known issue is that Redemption libraries repeatedly asks for
confirmation of license, roughly once or twice per week. However this is
not strictly related to GetOut...

> Also, I assume you be sending emails to the GetOut users list (just
> subscribed) announcing new releases, and monitoring it for questions?

Yes, of course.

> Any chance you can ask some of the users you've installed it for to
> subscribe to the GetOut users list and report their experiences?

Unfortunately people who have GetOut deployed in our organization don't
even know there is some software which synchronizes their calendars and
contacts with server :) So I'm affraid they cannot share their experience,
they can only tell if their calendar is synced in Outlook and in their
mobile phone...

> Last - should I/we be using the sourceforge Ticket system for reporting
> bugs/problems? Or just the mail list?

I personally prefer tickets but both ways are OK.

> Personally, since I seem to be liking the newer versions of Office less
> and less with each release, I'm really excited about the possibility of
> supporting the older versions on SOGo without having to use Openchange.

Me too. Target users of GetOut are people which don't want ActiveDirectory
or Samba 4 AD in their networks and prefer SyncML/CalDav/CardDav instead of
ActiveSync...

Regards, Adam