Hi there,

I've configured some Outlook 2013 users with EAS. This works great with
smaller mailboxes, no issues (or none of the users told me ;-)

But with mailboxes > 2.5/3GB users are complaining about these issues:

* the initial sync takes "forever" (seems never to complete)
* connection very often drops after a few mails (Outlook displaying
"disconnected" and sometimes does not reconnect automatically)
* some messages are downloaded each time and are multiple times listed
in Outlook
* some attachments are "scrumbled" and listed in plaintext instead as an
attachment

Most (if not all) of these users have lots of folders and messages
inside these folders (mails from 2004 until now...)

The server is hosting about 30 mailboxes (small business), about 10 of
them are connecting with Outlook, the rest is using Thunderbird. On
mobiles active sync works as expected.

I found some advice in bug 3236 [1] and some mailinglist posts [2] but
none of these settings helped. Also tried resyncing some folders or
completely removed and reconfigured accounts with manage-eas.

Tried increasing max_line_length in dovecot from 2MB to 4MB, the timeout
in the apache virtual host is set to 3600. The worker count is set to 30.

The same accounts connected with IMAP sync very fast, no "scrumbled"
attachments.

My question now is, how do I find the optimal settings for EAS are
(MaximumSyncWindowSize, MaximumSyncResponseSize,
WOWatchDogRequestTimeout, SOGoMaximumPingInterval, etc...) ?

I've tried lots of values and nothing seemed to fix these issues. Is
that a trial-and-error solution or are there any optimal settings I can
calculate somehow ?

The server is running Debian Jessie 8.2 with SOGo 2.3.2 / Dovecot
2.2.13. It's a virtual machine with currently 4GB RAM and two
processors, average load never gets higher than 0.5...

but sogo-common is still listed as 2.2.9 - is that intended ? (using the
inverse repo)

ii  sogo:amd64                       2.3.2-1
ii  sogo-activesync                  2.3.2-1
ii  sogo-common                      2.2.9+git20141017-1

Hopefully someone can give me advice how to solve these issues...

Best Regards
Peter

[1]http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3236
[2]https://lists.inverse.ca/sogo/arc/users/2014-10/msg00015.html