We have the same problem here, people with large mailboxes using EAS with
Outlook 2013 have issues with initial sync being slow, some mails never even
show up in Outlook and the same goes for the calendar, some events never sync.
The same people are using EAS on their Android phones and it's working fine
there.

Right now I too recommend them to use IMAP and CalDavSynchronizer.

Now that I took a quick peek in our logs I found this one that I haven't seen
before I think...

"Fatal error occured - tried to call -processSyncAddCommand: ... on a mail
folder. We abort"

... other than that it's mostly just "found no viewer for MIME type". I suspect
this might have nothing to do with it though and it's probably more than one
issue.

// Mattias