At 06:56 PM 9/16/2004 -0700, Robert Bartlett wrote:
Thanks for the reply! Here is the deal, we are currently deciding what
we want to do next. Currently we have a Celeron 2.4 gig system with 256
megs of ram and a 40 gig hdd. In the past week or so our system has come
to a halt, under 3 megs available, due to a bunch of emails coming in at
once. At one point we hit 60 emails in a span of 5 minutes.

Are you using the -m parameter of spamd to limit the number of children it will spawn? I'd suggest something like -m 6 to start with.