-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Kettler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 6:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: RE: Memory usage question

At 06:56 PM 9/16/2004 -0700, Robert Bartlett wrote:
>Thanks for the reply! Here is the deal, we are currently deciding what
>we want to do next. Currently we have a Celeron 2.4 gig system with 256
>megs of ram and a 40 gig hdd. In the past week or so our system has
come
>to a halt, under 3 megs available, due to a bunch of emails coming in
at
>once. At one point we hit 60 emails in a span of 5 minutes.

Are you using the -m parameter of spamd to limit the number of children
it
will spawn? I'd suggest something like -m 6 to start with.

Yeah it is setup for 50:

-d -c -a -m50 -u user -v -H

-d, --daemonize                    Daemonize
-c, --create-prefs                 Create user preferences files
-a, --auto-whitelist, --whitelist  Use auto-whitelists
-u username, --username=username   Run as username
-v, --vpopmail                     Enable vpopmail config
-H dir                             Specify a different HOME directory,
path optional