Jeff Chan wrote:

> That said, it sounds like your installation may be messed up
> since init.pre was missing.

init.pre wasn't missing; the .sample was there since it should be modified to suit the admin's needs and then put in place. *I* did something wrong; the port/package is fine.

If the default configs, which use urirhssub are not already
> in place as a result of the installation, then that's something
> else that may have gone wrong.

Ah ha! I think the urirhssub defaults *are* in place because the -D shows use of multi.surbl.org, which was odd to me because I had specified sc.surbl.org (instead of multi) in local.cf.

So it looks like I now need to know what the appropriate 'score' variable are. Thanks for the clarification.