From: Henri van Riel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> spamd[3164]: identified spam (22.0/5.0) for p3scan:150 in
> 135.4 seconds, 3920 bytes.
>
> That's 2 minutes and 15+ seconds for an email little over 3k in
> size...
>
> I run a small personal mailserver but 90% of my incoming mail is spam
> and I'd like to do something about that.
>
> SA is invoked by P3Scan.
>
> --
> SA-3.0.1
> perl-5.8.5
> Linux-2.4.26
> Pentium I 166Mhz
> 64MB RAM - 64MB swap

I'm using a PII 300 with 64M RAM and 256M swap for my personal
server.  It runs Courier and SA-2.63.  Average processing time is
about 15 seconds.  The longest scan time that I see is 184.7 seconds
for a 1499 byte message.  It's not great, but it's good enough for
now.

I would go along with the other posters.  Extra memory is probably
your easiest performance boost.  Beyond that, replace the machine
with the cheapest budget system you can find.  Any P4 should be able
to easily handle the load for a single user.

Bowie