> From: Henri van Riel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > spamd[3164]: identified spam (22.0/5.0) for p3scan:150 in
> > 135.4 seconds, 3920 bytes.
> >
> > That's 2 minutes and 15+ seconds for an email little over 3k in
> > size...
> >
> > I run a small personal mailserver but 90% of my incoming mail is spam
> > and I'd like to do something about that.
> >
> > SA is invoked by P3Scan.

If you want to eliminate close to 99% of incoming spam and reduce the
load placed on your system by spamassassin implement greylisting.  It
reduced one companies spam problem from a level of 300 to 600 spam
messages a day down to 4 to 8 spam messages a day.  Those that got past
greylisting were duly caught by spamassassin.

The combination works great.

You should be able to find a greylisting implementation for your
particular MTA.  I used milter-greylist with sendmail.

--
Scot L. Harris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The world is coming to an end.  Please log off.