Per everyone's recommendation I have removed the following .cf files from
my /etc/mail/spamassassin directory:

bigevil.cf
bogus-virus-warnings.cf
tripwire.cf

and left the following:
70_sare_random.cf
evilnumbers.cf
antidrug.cf
DomainDigits1.cf

As far as I can tell those are all the "third party" rule sets. Indeed my
memory usage dropped from 90mb to 36mb per child.

Are all of those lists not needed anymore? Should I go ahead and remove
the ones I left behind?

Thanks! Scott