> and left the following:
> 70_sare_random.cf
> evilnumbers.cf
> antidrug.cf
> DomainDigits1.cf
>
> As far as I can tell those are all the "third party" rule sets.

They are all 3rd party ("aftermarket"?) rule sets.  There others, which may
or may not be useful to you.

Indeed my
> memory usage dropped from 90mb to 36mb per child.

Good to hear!

> Are all of those lists not needed anymore? Should I go ahead and remove
> the ones I left behind?

You are on 3.0?  I think you should remove anitdrug, I believe it is now
built in.

I don't know how much good domaindigits is doing for you, but it might be
helping some.  However, if you get the surbl lists working, I would think
there would be a good chance you could remove it and possibly even
evilnumbers (which is fairly large.)  I would certainly keep evilnumbers
until then, and probably after too.

I would also probably add back some of the sare rules, notably the header,
subject, and fraud rules, or a subset of them.

        Loren