On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, David Brodbeck wrote:

> Mike Burger wrote:
> > I'm afraid that I'm going to have to argue that point.
> >
> > Cingular (formerly AT&T and Cingular) has the largest network, and neither
> > has been a population-centered or major highway-centered network in years.
>
> Looking at their map, they've improved a lot since the last time I
> checked them out.  But they're still digital-only, and I'm occasionally
> in places where only analog service is available.  I've kind of gotten
> burned before on digital-only services...like the T-Mobile phone that
> worked great, as long as I never went inside a building. ;)

You have to keep in mind, though, that T-Mobile (and its predecessors,
Voicestream, etc) and Sprint never had analog service (although Sprint's
phones would work on Verizon's analog network).

The thing, now, is that all the services that had analog (Verizon,
Cingular) are the ones who have converted over to digital, and still have
their analog services, to this day.  One of my coworkers still has an
analog Startac, that he uses.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit