* Kevin A. McGrail:

> To you and others spouting off, be reminded that this is a publicly
> archived mailing list and you will be on the wrong side of history.

"The horror... The horror..." (W. Kurtz) :-)

Seriously, what's with the drama? This discussion already has emotions
running high.

As I mentioned before: What may or may not count as "racially charged"
in America does not automatically apply to the rest of the world. It is
quite obvious from this thread that Americans don't even agree among
themselves. Also, remember that American history does not automatically
interest the whole globe.

Announcing changes for which there are no technical necessities is prone
to cause discussions, and that's a Good Thing(TM) in my book. You may
have voted earlier, but apparently a wider public has only now found out
about these changes (which includes myself). I don't have a vote, but
I'll "risk" (SCNR) commenting publicly on what I consider unnecessary
and, in fact, a harmful attempt to restrict use of the English language.
It is, in my experience, not the most nuanced language anyway.

-Ralph