I would argue that welcome is better than allow in many contexts,
including SpamAssassin.  After all, w.*list isn't just used to indicate
something is allowed, but to indicate that we actively want to receive
the email in question (by lowering its score).

You allow a maintenance worker into your apartment, but you welcome
a friend