> On Nov 20, 2020, at 4:45 PM, Rob McEwen <r...@invaluement.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/20/2020 4:37 PM, Eric Broch wrote:
>> It seems spammers are using political arguments to justify their actions.
>> I'll give them credit, at least they're trying to justify what they do by
>> something greater than (outside of) themselves, albeit wrongly.
>> It seems people on this side of the argument want to jettison politics (and
>> religion) and have no justification (only personal preference) for what they
>> do. Curious!
>> At the core spammers seem more logically consistent than those who oppose
>> them.
>

> I have extremely large amounts of spams on file in my spamtrap spam
> collection from all various political viewpoints, political parties, and
> moral/ethical/religious viewpoints - MANY of them think that THEIR greater
> good justifies spamming, and ironically their beliefs are often in 100%
> contradiction to OTHER spammers who have opposite beliefs, but likewise think
> that their spam is justified by THEIR "greater good". Thankfully, it isn't my
> job to determine who is justified and, instead, I believe that NONE of them
> are justified in sending spam - spam is about *consent* - NOT *content*.

I mean, remember campaign and I believe non-profit stuff in the US is EXEMPT
from CAN-SPAM, so they don’t even have to play by the rules.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/business-blog/2015/08/candid-answers-can-spam-questions

<https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/blogs/business-blog/2015/08/candid-answers-can-spam-questions>

First amendment stuff is going to be very fun with this current crop of federal
judges and the SC. A recent ruling said public health interests can be
overruled because “masking” is somehow restricting speech, lol.

Charles