It's a given people on this side of the argument don't like spam, your conclusion being correct, it still comes down to preference. They prefer sending spam you prefer they didn't.

They, ERRONEOUSLY, justify sending spam using a political argument (*their protected right), our side is rejecting politics and its origin, religion; so, it still comes down to preference, and ultimate authority rests in man. It comes down to, "Who is to say?"

I argue, and I think the original post argues against their position. I also argue that the political (based in the religious) needs to be brought bear to refute them.

I agree with the original post that they improperly use the 1st Amendment for justification but for the wrong reasons.

*Note: According to the founding documents of the u.S. rights come from the Creator.