On Sat, 19 Feb 2022, Greg Troxel wrote:

As for your "domain", also look up the IP address your mail comes from, because
that's more important.
A lookup service I have found useful is:

https://multirbl.valli.org/

Ok, actually, I got some interesting results for 136.143.188.53, which
is a Zoho server I have apparently sent mail from.  Some blacklists,
some yellow lists, some whitelists, and a bunch of blue and red.  Do
you think Zoho is the bigger problem than NameCheap?

I said you should understand if you have a shared IP, and *who else is
sharing it*.  When they spam, it gets the IP on lists, which causes you
trouble.

...or *who had it before you did* (particularly for static or not-so-dynamic dynamic IPs).

A spammer could have set up a "throwaway" server and blasted spam from that IP until it got blacklisted, then moved on, leaving you to inherit an IP with a bad reputation.

That may or may not be an easy problem to address. Potentially the simplest solution is to ask your provider to assign you a different IP address and hope that one isn't listed as well. You could proactively spot-check IP addresses in the network block managed by your provider and if a more than a few of them are listed (particularly by multiple DNSBLs) then your provider is probably problematic and you should look elsewhere.

[Ooo, look, the .sigmonster is listening...]

 jhar...@impsec.org                         pgpk -a jhar...@impsec.org
  Back in 1969 the technology to fake a Moon landing didn't exist,
  but the technology to actually land there did.
  Today, it is the opposite.                               -- unknown
 3 days until George Washington's 290th Birthday