On 13.02.23 17:42, joe a wrote:
Have some annoying SPAM that consistently shows a negative score on BAYES.  Is the default scoring or influenced by BAYES in some way?

*-1.9 BAYES_00 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 0 to 1%
*      [score: 0.0000]

This indicates a mistrained database, which means you have trained too many spams or spam-like messages (commercial messages) as ham.

Proper training of spams should help. Just keep your spam (and optionally ham) corpora for retraining in case you would drop the database.

I also recommend to abstain from training commercial mail (notices from e-shops, companies you done business with etc) as ham, unless they generate BAYES_999 score and you want it lower.  I often train them as spam so those give uncertain BAYES_50 result.

Those mails resemble spam too much to be used for training.

All,

The term "proper training" has always seemed a bit problematic to me. That aside, experiencing an error trying attempting:

sa-learn -D --spam /var/mail/spamd/Cabinet.saved-spam

The last line shows:

***************
Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined)
ERROR: the Bayes learn function returned an error, please re-run with -D for more information at /usr/bin/sa-learn line 500.

Which may be permissions related. However, there seem to be some errors/warning at the beginning, starting with:

Feb 14 17:26:14.956 [2855] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razo r2 from @INC
Feb 14 17:26:14.959 [2855] dbg: razor2: razor2 is not available
Feb 14 17:26:14.959 [2855] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop from @INC plugin: failed to parse plugin (from @INC): Can't locate Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/SpamCop.pm: lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/SpamCop.pm: Permission denied at (eval 44) line 1.

While this also suggests a permissions issue the only place I find SpamCom.pm (even as root) is at: "/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/SpamCop.pm", which is not in the path sa-learn concocted when invoked.

Sorry if the formatting is weird or if this is useless information.