Cami wrote:
>> running 2 spamd servers and want to share the BAYES DB between
>> them... so that one never gets too swayed and that both the servers
>> are contantly synced etc...
>>
>> anybody currently running an SQL backend off multiple Spamd servers??
>> and if so care to part with some knowledge???
>
> SpamAssassin already supports storing your bayes in MySQL.
>
> A work mate has done some patches for SpamAssassin which allows:
>
>   * defining a master (all INSERT|UPDATE to the database go here)
>   * defining a slave  (all SELECTS go here)

What does the slave do if the master goes down?

I'm running two SpamAssassin servers with enough traffic that file-based Bayes
was becoming a bottleneck.  I installed MySQL on both and they each maintain
their own independent database.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com                 805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer