On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007, John D. Hardin wrote:
>
> > Is there some reason pointing everyone at the coral cache of the
> > website won't work? Granted, coral is also intended for large files,
> > but it is distributed and is almost transparent...
>
> Well right now, www.rulesemporium.com came up in a few seconds
> directly, and took over a minute via the Coral Cache.
>
> So I would answer "because it doesn't help, and slows things down
> in fact".

The initial retrieval of the cached pages *does* require a regular
connection to the primary website, so the coral network would be just
as impacted by a DDoS as regular users are. However, once it has its
copy response should be quite fast. I just tried it and it took just a
few seconds, whereas I haven't been able to get directly to the
primary website at all for a week or more.

  http://www.rulseemporium.com.nyud.net:8080/

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Liberals love sex ed because it teaches kids to be safe around their
  sex organs. Conservatives love gun education because it teaches kids
  to be safe around guns. However, both believe that the other's
  education goals lead to dangers too terrible to contemplate.
 11 days until The 38th anniversary of Apollo 11 landing on the Moon