From: Bart Schaefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 October 2007 16:58
To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: Bit OT but it's about SPAM

On 10/17/07, Tom Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just thought if anyone hasn't read it yet, this article might be
> interesting to many of you. According to this report SPAM has now
> reached being 95% of all email.

This is hyperbole.

What it really means is that 95% of the mail processed by someone's
commercial spam filter has been classified, possibly incorrectly, as
spam.  The rates are much lower (though still too high for comfort) if
false positives are accounted for.

See, for example:  http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=conWebDoc.14617