So it doesn't happen that often. I did try writing an SA header rule for these first, but it appears that SA strips out 'X-Spam-Flag' headers out before the rules are run.

SA Strips out X-Spam-* on the assumption that it previously added them. Previous to 3.0 it did this before the rules ran on the text. Now I think you can still get to them with full rules, but I think they are still stripped from normal header rules.

If you have something like procmail in the chain before SA you can change incoming X-Spam-* to something like X-PreviousSpam-* and end up with them present to scan.

       Loren