We have been experiencing this problem for about a year now. It normally
lasts for about a month and then clears with no explanation and no
corrective action taken on our part. I thought that maybe yahoo were
experiencing load issues and targeted certain TLDs (in our case .co.za) to
alleviate load. This is just a guess as it makes no sense to defer mail that
they believe is spam. Why not just reject it?

Over the last year we have sent numerous queries and complains to yahoo with
never a meaningful response.

Interestingly when this problem first occurred, mid 2007, there were some
other providers exhibiting the same behavior; netzero.com, bellsouth.net and
charter.net among others that I don't recall at present. Thankfully all of
these secondary offenders desisted after the first or second outbreak. But
yahoo, well they are persistent.

At this stage I am not even looking for a solution, just an explanation
would be nice.

mike

P.S. what chance that M$ will improve the situation?