Hello Michael,

Am 2008-02-26 11:16:35, schrieb Michael Hutchinson:
> I have tried different approaches, and let us not forget I have filled
> out 3 whitelist forms, and received no response from Yahoo. Their
> service is breaking RFC's by not delivering mail. They are ignorant
> towards other companies trying to use their service.

I have heavy issues with HOTMAIL since they reject ANY legitim messages
as SPAM without any reason.  All of my 50 Servers are worldwide and in
different subnets.  It is nearly impossible that all 50 Servers have
spamed HOTMAIL, since my servers accept only authenticated SMTP from
clients.

I am not registered on ANY blacklists (except <sorbs> which is a crap
service billing innocent ISP's and peoples instead of spamers) but can
not send to my customers unsing HOTMAIL adresses.

since <hotmail.fr> exist, I am looking for the FRENCH legal address and
I will su them since in Europe, E-Mail is falling under the "Post- &
Telecommunication Law", which mean, rejecting legitim messages is like,
the French Post is rejection any Letters coming from the USA.

And another problem is, that because of HOTMAIL I have already lost
money...   And you know, ISP-Business is hard!

> Do away with Yahoo.

FullACK!  ...but add at least Hotmail too!

> Setup mail on your own domains for your users. Even if it means
> creating separate home addresses if they want them.
>
> Even having two addresses at one domain for one person is better than
> having to deal with Yahoo.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Most ISP's worldwide are offering an E-Mail
where you can put ALIASES on it...

> Personally, I'd rather blacklist the whole yahoo domain, and tell our
> clients that Yahoo is not an acceptable email address, that they will
> need a real one.

As I have written in a previosly message:  Since I can not reach my
customers using <hotmail.com> I reject all messages from them and
leafe a message to let them know WHY.

And yes, this bounces are working fine and going correctly back to
the sending <hotmail.com> account...  Now, my Cell-Phone is smoking
from international calls and they do not understand WHY I can not
send messages to them...

> A real one - that delivers and receives mail, like a mail server
> should.

:-)

In some weeks I am offering (not free but cheap) E-Mail-Accounts for
1 Euro/month and 50 MByte Mailbox with 5 Aliases...

BUT ONLY FOR PEOPLES WHICH AUTHENTICATE THEM SELF WITH AN OFFICIAL ID.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)