SM wrote:
At 08:54 25-02-2008, Tony Bunce wrote:
Is anyone else having issues sending mail to Yahoo?

No.

They are returning 421 Message temporarily deferred to every message my servers try to send. My server then retries like it should but yahoo never accepts the message, even after day of retrying. Google turned up several people having the same issue but no one with a solution. My DSN is right, I have SPF records, and sign outgoing messages using DomainKeys.

They are deferring connections from your mail servers due to spam or complaints.

Regards,
-sm
Incorrect! They rate limit everyone. If you're mail isn't being delayed, then you do not send much mail to them. This has been an issue as long as I can remember and nothing works to help. Use DKIM/Domain Keys, rotor e-mail to different ips, fill out ALL there forms and comply with all their rules. This will not put you on their whitelist and they do not have a formal feedback loop. I have formally asked that we warn our users to no use yahoo email addresses for this reason. As a matter of fact, I have been able to work with every other large e-mail provider/ ISP (AOL/Comcast/Netzero , etc...) and work out e-mail issues with them. I even have several contact numbers directly the administrators of these companies. Yahoo simply sucks in this regard and they have not yet figured out a way to properly set up restrictions so bulk e-mailers may send e-mail. If you are going to store the largest numbered e-mail accounts, then you will receive bulk mail.

Randy Ramsdell