On 20.06.08 10:38, Marc Ferguson wrote:
> I'm a linux noob and a spam assassin noob so please reply in simplified
> language.  Thanks.
>
> I saw on the wiki a trick to use fake mx records in order to weed out spam (
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/OtherTricks).  I'm using Evolution at
> home and on my laptop and I have the spamassassin plugin so I'm constantly
> clicking the "junk" icon.  I have access to my shared web hosting account
> and I sure do get TONS of spam.  I'm a bit confused as to how to implement
> it though.  My web host uses WHM so my form looks something like this:
>
> digitalalias.net  14400  IN  MX  0  digitalalias.net
>
> What is 14400, I'm guessing a port of some kind.

it's a TTL of the recotrd. ALL MX ex should have equal TTL, if others don't
have any explicitly specified (BIND takes it from other info), don't specify
this.

> Besides that the wiki suggests that my first fake mx record should be set
> at 10, then my real mx record at 20, and then another fake one at 30.  Why
> is this since my current mx record is set to 0?

The numbers is irelevant, only the order is. 0-1-2 will have the same effect
as 10-20-30 or 10-95-100.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Posli tento mail 100 svojim znamim - nech vidia aky si idiot