Marc Ferguson schrieb am 20.06.2008 16:38:

I saw on the wiki a trick to use fake mx records in order to weed out spam (http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/OtherTricks). I'm using Evolution at home and on my laptop and I have the spamassassin plugin so I'm constantly clicking the "junk" icon. I have access to my shared web hosting account and I sure do get TONS of spam. I'm a bit confused as to how to implement it though.

If you don't exactly know what you are doing, don't fiddle with your MX entries. Correctly set up, SpamAssassin is 99.9% accurate even without such special tweaks. With 99.9% I mean that for every 1000 spam I get, at most 1 is not detected.

You might have not understood how SpamAssassin works: it simply marks spam as spam, but passes it through into your inbox like any other mail. It is an additional task for you to set up in your mail client or in your mail delivery agent to move marked spam away to some kind of junk folder. SpamAssassin marks found spam with the "X-Spam-Flag: YES" header.

Tschau
Alex