On Tuesday 05 August 2008 2:06 am, Dirk Bonengel wrote:
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > >
> > > I guess this list is the best place to ask those of you who use the
> > > plugin for feedback. I'd appreciate any comments and information an hit
> > > rates, FPs and such
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > Dirk
> >
> > Hi Dirk, I've been using it on my home system probably ever since you
> > made it
> > available. Below are hit stats from yesterday:
> >
> > Total: 279
> > Ham:   122
> > Spam:  157
> >
> > iXhash.cf:
> >   Rule Name                     Score     Ham   Spam   %of
> > Ham   %of Spam
> >   -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> >   LOGINHASH                      4.50     30     62
> >  24.59%     39.49%
> >   LOGINHASH2                     2.50     30     61
> >  24.59%     38.85%
> >   IXHASH                         2.50     31     66
> >  25.41%     42.04%
> >   -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> >   OVERALL                                 31     66
> >  25.41%     42.04%
> >
> > Though it does hit ham, I don't remember ever seeing any FP's because of
> > it.
> > I'd say expand it, though again, this is just running on a home system

> Chris,
>
> from my experience there must be something wrong with your setup. From the
> feedback I got thus far the plugin is quite accurate where FPs are
> concerned. Thus the relatively high scores I set in the default config. I'd
> recommend having a look at your DNS setup - maybe your provider returns
> false results. Using OpenDNS e.g. has caused such high FP rates in the
> past. Let me know if I can help.
>
> Dirk

Dirk, using the sa-addon's script for these stats I'm not sure how many days
back the count above is from. For instance the stats were drawn last night
from this count:

Ham:   132
Spam:  158

Yesterday my message count was as below:

Spam:        19
Ham:         13

So it's possible this could be over a 10 day period, I'm not really sure.
However, when I get home from work today I will look and see what kind of ham
is being hit by it. Up until a few days ago I was just using a locally cached
nameserver, however I've switched to OpenDNS since last Sunday. I'll give my
ISP's nameserver a try and see what happens.

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C