LuKreme wrote on Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:43:15 -0700:

> Ah, right, I know that, but that wasn't the question.

No? I thought it was. Or at least in this area. see below.

> Converting shell users from mbox to Maildir is not trivial, as far as
> I know.

But you wrote your users are Maildir users.

> (most of my users are in mysqld/postfix admin with maildirs,

That's why I replied in that fashion. I was assuming you use Maildir, but
procmail files that spam to mbox folder files.

I haven't ever seen SA segfault on bigger files on my mbox machines. I
remember training my very early Bayes dbs from large mboxes the size you
mention without a problem. Those sizes look you waited quite some time
before starting the training. Why not just delete and start over and then
train daily? You might also be able to force procmail deliveries to that
spam folder to do in maildir format and keep the mbox for inbox and other
user folders, thus avoiding this problem in the future. If it is related
to the size.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany