I have two servers.  Currently they're both running instances of spamd
with separate mysql databases, however I'd like run both instances from
the same database on one of the servers. There are two ways to do this:

1.  I can give the -d option to spamc where it's invoked in the mail
system, with the target being spamd on the master spamassassin server
via the VPN that connects the two boxes.  spamd is already configured to
listen to it.

2.  I can let spamc invoke spamd on the local system but set the various
dsn params in secrets.cf to point to the MySQL database on the master
spamassassin server.  The mysql server on this box is already listening
for queries from the other system via the VPN that connects them.

Does anyone with some experience with spamassassin know which of these
two approaches would be better?  Which would be fastest?  Which would be
most conservative of bandwidth between the boxes?

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |    Accredited
FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      by the