Benny Pedersen a écrit :
> On Sat, February 21, 2009 02:38, mouss wrote:
>> Matt Kettler a écrit :
>>> Since you're bouncing any off-list emails because you reject my
>>> entire ISP, I'm going to drop out of aiding on this matter.
>> probably a rule that considers "vms173007pub.verizon.net" as a
>> dynamic name...
>
> why does a smtp server have dynamic hostname alike in the first place ?

you mean "generic"?

well, if you have a /16 network, will you select names one by one?

some providers play games here and use a dictionary:
$ host 93.74.0.105
105.0.74.93.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer latheness-pair.volia.net.
$ host 93.74.0.106
106.0.74.93.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer practical-sheriff.volia.net.

I find this practice "worst".

BTW, what will all these rdns checks become with IPv6?

> and why did the recipient not test spf ?

my bet was wrong. he was rejecting based on rfc-ignorant listing.