On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Martin Gregorie wrote:

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 17:55 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

And better yet, how to defend against it as I'd like to /dev/null any message with an unlisted header.

Bad idea to poison-pill that.

IMO the appearance of "Undisclosed recipients:" in a list of addresses
should not be taken as an indication of spam, but as always ymmv.

Agreed. For example, if I send an email to several of my correspondents but I don't want them to know who else I've sent the message to (because I respect their privacy), I'll only use BCC:. This results in an empty TO:, which will likely get populated with some variant of "undisclosed recipients". The message is legitimate, classifying it as spam for "undisclosed recipient" would be a FP.

Now if a particular variant of that text didn't FP much, you'd be justified in giving it a point. Anybody with big corpa want to investigate this?

  It is criminal to teach a man not to defend himself when he is the
  constant victim of brutal attacks.              -- Malcolm X (1964)
 34 days since Obama's inauguration and still no unicorn!