On 09/24/2009 10:36 AM, RW wrote:

> None of that really distinguishes it from SpamAssassin, people have
> been using SA that way for many years.

This is turning into a "I don't understand why everyone doesn't do
everything themselves" thread.

Face it: by being on this list we have all declared we are "do it
yourself" type people. Guess what - large chunks of the world aren't,
and those need to buy solutions from others. Running SA isn't "just" an
issue of installing it. It has to be integrated with a MTA for starters
- there goes 99.9% of your audience already ("what do you mean? I have
to run a mail server before I can get rid of the spam?!?"). Then you've
got to make decisions on what "addons" to use, bayes or not, OCR or not,
which RBLs (starting with: what is an RBL), wash, rinse, repeat.

Packaged products (commercial or otherwise) are in fact for most people.
SA is not for most people (directly).

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417