On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:40 PM, linuxmagic <sa...@linuxmagic.com> wrote:

> Slightly old thread, but we should clear any misconceptions.  MagicSpam is
> NOT anything like SpamAssassin.  LinuxMagic has been developing Anti-Spam
> solutions for the ISP and Telco markets for quite some time, focusing on the
> SMTP transaction layer.  This approach gives a more 'Zero Day' style
> protection, as it can identify spam sources prior to accepting the email,
> reducing backscatter and overhead.
>
> Mail Servers should have the protection during the SMTP transaction, and we
> have been porting our technology to other mail servers which do not have
> this ability.  Our first ports were to Qmail style mail servers, and since
> then we have ported to many others including Linux and Windows platforms.
>
> Just visit the forums, and see what customers have to say about this
> product, as it speaks for itself.  We have patent pending technology in
> place, to provide for an especially unique methodology, and more
> importantly, we make it very easy to install and operate.
>
> http://www.magicspam.com and http://forums.wizard.ca/viewforum.php?f=16

I really like this quote from their sales web site:

"Now you can have MagicSpam spam protection for your Postfix (Linux)
Mail Servers. Complete with one click install"...

I am quite interested to see this "one click install" on my Postfix
(Linux) Mail Server, as like most postfix servers there is no mouse or
gui.  Even given a server that has these things, I'm surprised they
have invented technology that can analyze a postfix install to the
degree needed for correct installation of their product with no more
than a single click.  With tech like that, I can't believe they
haven't taken the world by storm.  Maybe they're still working on
single click world domination technology.