On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 19:45 -0400, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:40 PM, linuxmagic <sa...@linuxmagic.com> wrote:
>
> I really like this quote from their sales web site:
>
> "Now you can have MagicSpam spam protection for your Postfix (Linux)
> Mail Servers. Complete with one click install"...
You are lucky. I could not even get their website to load. It just kept
timing out. Not sure I would want my mail processing to match that.

> I am quite interested to see this "one click install" on my Postfix
> (Linux) Mail Server, as like most postfix servers there is no mouse or
> gui.
Be fair, there is *one* curses based screen on install :-)
http://img294.yfrog.com/i/postfix1.png/

>  Even given a server that has these things, I'm surprised they
> have invented technology that can analyze a postfix install to the
> degree needed for correct installation of their product with no more
> than a single click.  With tech like that, I can't believe they
> haven't taken the world by storm.  Maybe they're still working on
> single click world domination technology.
I have to totally agree. Postfix is *so* configurable that a single
point & click installer is just nonsense. I don't think Postfix
'installation' as it is could be any easier than Debian: apt-get install
postfix. That's the easy bit. It's the configuration that takes the
skill.

Fair play to Linuxmagic if they can offer the support - which is what
corporates want. Selling cobbled together open source is nothing new.
Some even bundle it together in a low spec PC:

http://www.barracudanetworks.com/ns/products/spam_overview.php

But you *do* get support for it. Hence the sales.