On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Toni Mueller wrote:
As you may have noticed, I've got my procmail set to insert one (as seen
above). But this has the unfortunate side-effect of messing with
threading in some threaded mail clients and archives.... :(
I don't know the abilities of Alpine, but if you use procmail anyway,
why can't you simply sort on the List-Id header?

I don't sort. I use just one inbox. Half the time I just read mail straight through in order. But when I'm a bit short on time, that tag allows me to quickly skip over list mail and get to the important work-related mail.

I imagine this same thinking applies to any number of people using a 'basic' mail client and not bothering to 'sort' mail into alternate delivery folders which they must then 'remember' to read.....

- Charles