Hi,

> Independent testing like the VB tests tell me much more.
>
> http://www.virusbtn.com/virusbulletin/archive/2010/03/vb201003-vbspam-comparative
>
> And yes that more or less the commercial products, but it shows also how
> lits like SURBL perform. But also ratings of the large vendors. And the FP
> levels.

Yes, that is good information. Sure appreciate your feedback.

> There is much more to do when rating things then just do some simple
> counting. The scoring in SA is done pretty well (compliments!) but even
> there are gaps and holes like pointed out.

I'm hoping to stay on topic with the RBLs and as they pertain to SA,
so I would also like to determine how to make an educated decision.
I've done some further research, and have found a few more useful
comparisons to add to the list:

http://spamlinks.net/filter-dnsbl-lists.htm

At the bottom of this page is a section that lists other comparisons.
It would be nice to know how current they are, however. The link also
contains a handful of neat command-line tools and libraries that can
be used to query the RBLs.

I'm especially interested in using multi.uribl.com and
zen.spamhaus.org at SMTP restriction time. However, it seems like zen
is the one that is most popular. Should uribl.com not be used for
this?

At SMTP time, are there others that people should consider using?

This would be really helpful, because there doesn't seem to be any
authoritative info out there about achieving the best configuration,
outside of simple trial-and-error.

Thanks,
Alex