> It differs because I am saying they *should* remain listed forever.

False positives are far worst than false negatives for businesses. Some
blacklists do not tolerate a FP of more than 1%.

Blacklists are behind the line as they don't fight zero-hour attacks, and the
only reason why blacklists are appeasing is really their low FP rate. This is
why Google made a blacklist to fight phish and malware --- Google wanted FP
that is well below 1% (0.04% IIRC)

A blacklist with high FP, such as SORBS, is no use. We'd better use heuristics,
at least we can fight zero hour attacks with <= FP rate.

My 0.02.

---
Mahmoud Khonji