On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 20:13 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
> corpus.defero wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 08:56 -1000, Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
> >> Indeed no IP should be blacklisted undefinitely... at least without
> >> checking regularily.
> > I don't agree. An IP that hops on and off lists should stay ON until
> > the blocklist operator is satisfied that no further abuse will come
> > from it.
>
> How does that differ from what Alexandre said?
It differs because I am saying they *should* remain listed forever.
Personally if I were running the show I'd seek a large deposit to remove
an IP and any repeat would result in the loss of that deposit with no
further chance to remove the IP until it was clearly and demonstrably
reassigned.

Hopefully my take on it, and how it differs is now clear for you.

Warm regards