On 02/12/2011 05:19 PM, Sahil Tandon wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 12:08:35 -0800, Adam Katz wrote:
>
>> I consider it a mission-critical component to be able to deliver a
>> rejection notice at SMTP-time (to avoid backscatter from an emailed
>> bounce message).  The other systems out there (specifically amavis and
>> mailscanner) just can't do this while spamass-milter does it with very
>> little overhead or configuration.
>
> For posterity, and to hopefully prevent the spread of misinformation via
> list archives, the above (specifically with regard to amavisd-new) is
> patently false.

Thanks for the correction to Mark, Henrik, and Sahil.  I did not know
that.  I also did not know about amavisd-milter.  These either weren't
around a few years ago or they were not found when I researched this
(including questions to irc.freenode.com#amavisd or whatever that
channel is named).

My apologies, I was not trying to propagate misinformation.