On 10.04.11 15:30, Jonathan Nichols wrote:
> Sadly, I have to agree and have been dealing with that for a while. in
> fact, I wonder if this message will ever make it to the list or if
> apache.org will bounce it because of SORBS.. :/
>
> back on topic... is there a way to lower the score for a particular
> ruleset for certain hosts/clients?

there's trusted_networks setting that will make SA skip checking of those
IP's.

However blacklists like PBL and DUL are only being checked on
internal_networks boundary, that is, only for machines that deliver mail to
your network.

If the problem lies in dialup machines sending mail directly to your
mailhost without authentication (or your mailhost does not mark
authenticated mail the way SA understands), trusted_networks should help
here.

Spam = (S)tupid (P)eople's (A)dvertising (M)ethod