On 16.05.11 23:19, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> It happen automaticaly if...
> ...the system accept 100 messages at once for 100 different recipients.
> Sending to 100 recipients is like a DoS.

sending one mail to 100 recipients is OK, receiving 100 mails in parallel
can be delayed by other ways (e.g. limiting maximum number of connections).

> > You can run spamassassin with safe global preferences for mail destined to
> > more recipients. Or, you can run different domains on different IPs with
> > different SA configurations. That could spare you from multiple checking
> > mail to multiple recipients.
>
> I have already over 20 mailservers  with  more  then  98.000  users  and
> currently I am installing 30 new mailservers (each with 2500 users)...
>
> And yes, 72.000 users are from the same company, but  if  they  have  to
> send a message to the WHOLE enterprise, they use my  own  service  which
> bypass the standard mail deliver over the MTAs.
>
> I can push the 72.000 messages in less then 3 minutes into the mailboxes

This has nothing to do with my recommendation. You can safely scan all mail
to multiple (no matter if 10 or 100) recipients with unpersonalized SA, then
re-scan each again to get personalized results.

I guess you don't drop all mail tagged as spam and suspicious e-mail is
still delivered to their spamboxes.

> > RFC, do not expect SMTP clients to behave as you want. If anyone will have
> > problems caused by you rejecting 11th recipient, it will be YOUR problem.

> By droping spam?

no, by dropping 11th to 100th recipient.

> > Don't blame me. You could blame the RFC but I believe its authors knew more
> > than you do.
>
> The RFC-Requirement is a big bullshit!

It is not. It is there for preventing postmasters from doing things the
easy, but wrong way, e.g. like you do.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.