David F. Skoll wrote:
> That's a bad design.  Our system can accept mail to multiple
> recipients with individual filtering and without running many
> SpamAssassin processes in parallel.  It can be done.

Indeed.

Per Jessen wrote:
> Sure, it's only a question of queueing.

I'd join David and say it's a matter of design.

Amavisd can do it too: handle multi-recipient messages
efficiently, calling SpamAssassin only once per message
(not once per recipient), yet still faithfully implementing
per-recipient settings like score thresholds, black/whitelisting,
bypassing certain checks, tagging (Subject, addr. extensions),
defanging, ...

  Mark